The College Success Roadmap
A 3-part series designed to empower and guide both students and their families on the path to college.
October 12, 2023 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM EST
Join us for an enlightening and empowering 3-part series designed especially for college-bound high school students and their families.
Register today to gain access to all three sessions, and remember, you’re not required to attend all three—pick and choose the ones most relevant to your needs.
Introducing Our Expert Speakers
Nicholas LaPoma, founder of Curvebreakers, is a seasoned educational strategist with a passion for helping students navigate the challenging path to college success.
Mark Dunlop, MSFS, MSM, AFC®, AEP®, CEBS®, CFP®, ChFC®, brings a wealth of financial counseling and educational experience from his role at Fort Leonard Wood Survivor Outreach Services (SOS), making him the perfect guide for families seeking financial clarity.
What Will Be Covered:
Session 1: The College Timeline & College Essays
Thursday, October 12 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
In this session, we will delve into the critical aspects of your college journey, including:
- The College Timeline: Discover the secrets to finding the perfect college fit, crafting a personalized college admission strategy, staying on top of critical dates and deadlines, and mastering the intricate college application process.
- College Essays: Learn how to select compelling essay topics, infuse your narratives with intent, showcase your unique qualities to stand out, craft captivating openings that hook the reader, and master the art of revising versus editing for impactful college essays.
Session 2: The SAT & ACT
Thursday, October 19 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
In our second session, we will demystify the world of standardized testing, covering:
- General Information: Understand the purpose of the exams, clarify the concept of “test-optional,” provide effective preparation and practice techniques, and equip you with valuable test-taking strategies.
- The SAT & ACT: Dive into the detailed formatting and specifics of both exams, uncover tailored strategies for success, and discuss the potential shift to a digital SAT format, ensuring you’re well-prepared for any testing scenario.
Session 3: College Scholarships and Other Financial Considerations for Military Survivors
Thursday, October 26 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
Our final session is dedicated to empowering military service members, veterans, and their families by shedding light on the financial resources available. Gain insights into:
- Financial Resources: Learn about the multitude of financial and supportive resources available for military service members and veterans.
Open to all registered Tuesday’s Children family members and supporters, this series promises to be an invaluable resource on your journey to college success.
Please contact email@example.com for questions and more information.