Tuesday’s Children invites you to participate in Connections in Resilience, convening valued partners and key stakeholders in addressing family bereavement for three interactive capacity-building sessions. We will discuss some of the challenges we collectively face in our common work and share strategies to more effectively support our service populations and to make ourselves, and our communities, more resilient.
Connections in Resilience will include three weekly virtual sessions from 11:00 am-12:30 pm EST, with interactive discussions and resource sharing throughout the program on a dedicated online platform.
- September 29, 2022 — Week 1: Community Resilience and Long-Term Healing
Sallie Lynch, Kathy Murphy and Kathryn Ellard
- October 6, 2022 — Week 2: Dignity, Trauma, Grief and Resilience
Monica Meehan McNamara
- October 13, 2022 — Week 3: Mentoring and Peer support
Sara Wingerath Schlanger
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
These exploratory sessions will focus on grief and bereavement in order to build our collective capacity to address the needs of youth and families impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, including the more than 250,000 children who have now lost a parent or primary caregiver nationwide.
- Identify challenges and solutions to long-term healing
- Share promising practices and cross-cultural perspectives
- Build resilience and connections through dignity and self-care
- Create community and eliminate isolation
- Address gaps in services for Covid-bereaved youth and families
Together, we hope to create peer connections and map challenges, effective outreach methods and program development strategies for service providers assisting bereaved families impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. We encourage your active participation in all sessions in order to best exchange ideas and promote collaboration.
We would be honored if you could join the program to add your voice and experience to this conversation.
Please register by September 20, 2022, to secure your spot.