Connect, Focus, Grow with Joie Golomb of Mentor NY
Wednesday, June 15th at 6 pm ET
The Connect | Focus | Grow training was developed as part of the National Mentoring Project, a pilot project managed by MENTOR in partnership with the America’s Promise Alliance / Center for Promise and with support from the Schultz Family Foundation. The National Mentoring Project aims to expand the web of quality relationship supports and social capital that youth need to develop the skills necessary to successfully navigate the workplace including securing and sustaining employment.
Underlying this training is MENTOR’s guiding vision, which is that all youth have access to a web of support from caring adults and can form empowering relationships that:
• Promote the pursuit of the youth’s passions, skills and interests
• Enable youth’s access to and exploration of spaces where these can be pursued • Help youth overcome personal and/or institutional obstacles
This vision is underpinned by the approach MENTOR uses to help adults and youth form relationships, which is grounded in positive youth development and youth-centrism. This approach:
• Recognizes that young people are assets and experts about themselves and their communities
• Supports youth in identifying and building strengths
• Brings young people and adults together to work as equal partners as appropriate
• Builds young people’s connections to their own identity, culture and community helping them to see their own social capital and supporting the extension of social capital through mentoring
• Engages young people as leaders on issues that matter to them
This workshop is open to all Tuesday’s Children Mentors. To register, please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.