Project COMMON BOND 2011
July 23 - July 30, 2011
Calling All Teens!
Tuesday's Children invites you to the only international community for teenagers who lost an immediate family member (mother, father, sibling, grandparent) due to a terrorist incident. Project COMMON BOND is an ongoing community building and social action movement for youths, both here and abroad, which culminates in an eight day conflict negotiation, peace-building camp experience. Participants will engage in programs designed to foster trust, cooperation, communication, transformation and healing in the areas of global leadership, arts, theater, music and sports. Applications are available.
*Additionally, a separate parallel program is being offered to teenagers who are not 9/11 family members but who wish to expand their interest in cultural diversity, global issues and peace building.
All faiths and cultures are welcome. Space is limited. Application required
- Develop international friendships and understanding
- Promote healing, tranformation and leadership
- Participate in a one week Global Youth Leadership program
- Engage in enrichment and recreation experiences that will include collaborative projects, team recreational sports, music, fine arts and adventure challenges and community service opportunities.
- Have the opportunity to travel internationally
- Continue the connection with blogs, workshops, and seminars
- Learn peace building and negotiation skills
- Exchange diverse cultural experiences
Date & Location
Project COMMON BOND takes place from Saturday, July 23 to Saturday, July 30, 2011 at Foxcroft School, Middleburg, VA near Washington, DC.
The majestic campus complete with magnificent architecture was founded in 1914 encompassing 500 beautifully manicured acres in the horse countryside of Virginia just 50 miles from Washington, DC.
Please contact Kathy at 516.562.9000 or
Help an international teenager attend Project COMMON BOND by donating $500.
For an application to attend Project COMMON BOND, please contact Kathy Murphy at